- That one last pair of clean socks before the judgment day.
- One last chewy center Gobstopper on one of Jupiter’s moons.
- A hypodermic needle full of pilgrims heading for America.
If I were just one those three,
I’d be a sunshine world all over the place.
I’d lay my troubles down like an Al Green song stuck
in permanent jukebox play.
I would be an
onion peel, a sink stopper,
a can opener.
Yes, except that only I would be
an onion peel, a sink stopper, a can opener,
a sunshine world all over the place
listening to Al Green
as one of the three items mentioned earlier:
- a clean pair of socks before judgment
- a Gobstopper on a Jupiter moon
- or a hypodermic needle full of pilgrims
heading to America.
One of those.